Adding a blog post in WordPress is an essential way to share content with your readers. Not only does it provide valuable information but it also helps improve your website’s SEO and drives more traffic to your website. In this tutorial, we’ll walk you through how to add a blog post in WordPress, include important elements like featured images and categories/tags, schedule posts for later, and how to save drafts.
1. Log in to your WordPress dashboard.
2. Hover over the “Posts” tab in the left-hand menu and click “Add New” to start a new post.
3. Enter the title of your post into the top field. This will also be used for SEO purposes so make
sure to include relevant keywords.
4. Enter your blog post into the large text box below the title field.
5. Use the “Categories” block on the right side of the page to assign a category for your blog post – this will help organize it within WordPress and provide information for readers who might be searching by category or topic.
6. Add tags related to your blog post in the “Tags” section, which is located directly beneath the categories block. This will also help readers search for specific topics on your website.
7. Click on “Set Featured Image” at the bottom of the right sidebar to upload an image that will be displayed with your blog post when it appears on other pages such as the homepage or archives.
8. When you’re finished, click “Save Draft” in the upper right-hand corner of the page to save your post as a draft. You can come back to it and make changes when necessary.
9. Once you’re ready to publish your blog post, click the blue “Publish” button directly below the title field. You can also set a specific date for your post to be published if you want it to appear on a certain day – just click “Edit” beside where it says “Immediately” and select a new date from the calendar that pops up.
And that’s it! You’ve successfully added a blog post to your WordPress website. Now you can go back and make changes as necessary, schedule posts for later, or save drafts until you decide when you want them published. Happy blogging! 🙂
You might also be interested in learning more about Elementor and WordPress – the possibilities are endless with this powerful content management system! Check out our other helpful articles for further guidance on how to make the most of WordPress. Thanks for reading and happy blogging!