How to Trigger a Popup from any link, without using an extra plugin!
This is one of my most used Elementor functions that I always forget how to do!
Popups can be triggered from ANYTHING, a menu tab, a link, a button, just about anything you can assign a link to you can use to open a pop up anywhere on your website.
Who knew? I DID! BUT I always forget how.
I’m not a fan of adding a bunch of rando plugins without taking a deep dive and making sure Elementor Pro can’t do it alone. Most of the time it can and that helps your site’s load speed which in turn helps your SEO.
How to create a POPUP using ELEMENTOR PRO and NO extra plugins!
- Go to Dashboard > Templates > Popups > Add New
- Name your template and click ‘Create Template’
- Choose a template from the Library or create your own design
- Click ‘Publish’, then ‘Save and Close’
- Open a new page in Elementor (CTRL / CMD + E, new page)
- Drag in a button widget
- Under Layout, choose Link > Dynamic > Actions > Popup
- Click Popup > Open Popup > Select the popup you created
- Go to the live page, click on the button and see the popup appear
Here’s How to Add your new Popup to Any link!
- Create your Popup in the Elementor builder (see above).
- Navigate to the Popup Settings by clicking the gear icon in the lower corner
- In the Advanced Tab > Open By Selector create an anchor trigger link shortcode (example:
- Set the Display Conditions to Include > Entire Site
- Apply this link anywhere on your website by linking to the anchor trigger link (example: #link-popup)
I’ve adapted from the official Elementor post found here: https://elementor.com/help/how-to-trigger-a-popup-on-a-link-click/